Early Summer Community Potluck & Trade Blanket
Everyone has been asking and it’s time! It’s been a minute since we had a Potluck event at Sovereignty Lab. We are pleased to be offering one with a few extra fun things to make this family friendly and fun for the whole community. NO PETS, THANKS!
- Opening Invocation by Meg
- Trade Blankets/Swap Meet** (more details below)
- The Grill will out and running!
- Sound Healing Chair demos by Steven
- Fire Circle
- Music Jam around the circle? If you guys bring instruments!
- Homestead Tours
- and more
DATE, TIME, LOCATION
Saturday June 3rd, 4pm until around 10pm
at Sovereignty Lab, 4 Locust Grove Rd, Weaverville, NC
ACROSS THE STREET AT
BLUE RIDGE BIKER CHURCH
621 Old Mars Hill Hwy, Weaverville, NC, United States, North Carolina
There is no parking in our driveway for this event as we will be setting up trade blankets up in front of the garage doors on both sides of the driveway. If you have need closer parking or have a disability, contact us directly to make arrangements, thanks!
TO BRING & NOT TO BRING:
- Items to trade, give, share
- Blanket or table for your items to be on. You can also bring a pop up tent if you wish
- Food to share (remember we will have the grill going!)
- Utensils, plates and cup for potluck
- Bug spray
- A chair for the fire circle
- A musical instrument
- Please DO NOT BRING furry friends to this event, thanks
WHAT IS A TRADE BLANKET?
The trade blanket is an opportunity for people trade any sort of items with one another. The person initiating the trade then looks at the items placed on the blanket (greenbacks, aka money, can be offered but items are preferred). They can accept an offer or reject all offers. If a trade is made, the object(s) is/are traded to each with a handshake. It is best to bring several items of varying “value” to the trade blanket so that you can trade at all levels, or so that you can add smaller items to a large item to “sweeten the deal.”
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TRADE BLANKET
TRADE BLANKET TIPS/IDEAS:
- Clothes, shoes, belts, hats, scarves
- tinctures, salves, medicaments
- Found items, bones, feathers
- Kids items – THE KIDS ARE ENCOURAGED TO TRADE TOO!
- Services can also be traded. Please stay in integrity when trading services.
- Crystals, altar items, oracle or tarot decks
- Baskets, buckets
- Plant starts
- Fresh Produce, Canned or preserved food items